Curious how to keep a house clean with kids? The simplest solution is to get the whole family out of there! If you’re looking for inspiration on what to do in Omaha, Nebraska for the final dog days of summer, check out our list of family-fun events!
Find Fun in Your Own Neighborhood
Whether you live in Omaha or the greater metro area, there are still a few neighborhood family events to check out.
- Valley Days: Head to Valley, NE August 11 to August 12 for a parade, food truck wars, swimming, and more!
- Millard Days: From August 21 to August 26, Millard will be host to a carnival, concerts, face painting, and balloon animals!
- Dundee Day: On August 25, enjoy a pancake breakfast, peruse the farmers market, or check out Omaha Street Percussion on Underwood Avenue.
Catch Some Sun at Fun-Plex
Who says you need to get out of town to have an adrenaline rush? Fun-Plex is a haven for family adventures in Omaha! Float down the lazy river or race down the waterslides. If you want to stay dry, catch a ride on the Ferris wheel or head to the speedway and race go-karts!
Take Your Pick of Spraygrounds
Whether you’re in Benson or near the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge, there are nine spraygrounds located across Omaha. Take the family to cool off at any of these splash grounds until Labor Day.
Spend an Interactive Afternoon at the Museum
Museums are here year-round, but there are still some special summer programs to check out before your kids head back to school!
- Do Space: Learn something new outside of the classroom! From coding classes for kids to 3D printing, enjoy hands-on fun while learning a new skill!
- Omaha Children’s Museum: This is always a prime destination for families to play together! If you’re looking for something new to try, take the kids to learn about different cultures at Worldfest on August 19 and August 26.
- Joslyn Art Museum: Art is for everyone! Take a stroller tour on August 15 or sign the kids up for an art class throughout August.
Spend an Evening at the Drive-In
Movie nights make sunsets a blast at Falconwood Park, and heading to the drive-in is one of the best things to do in Omaha with kids! Pack a picnic for your night out and catch one of these upcoming family-friendly titles:
- Jurassic Park: Aug. 2
- Jumanji: Aug. 3
- Top Gun: Aug. 9
- The Lion King: Aug. 16
- The Neverending Story: Aug. 19
- Monster’s Inc.: Sept. 27
Be a Lumberjack
If your children are 10 years old and above, take them for some Renaissance-era fun at Craft Axe Throwing. New to Omaha, this business promises a totally unique evening out as you try and hit the bullseye!
Check Out an Outdoor Concert
Searching for free things to do in Omaha? There’s still time to take the kids to a free concert!
- Jazz on the Green: Head to Turner Park August 2 or August 10 for some smooth tunes. Just remember to bring your own snacks and drinks!
- Rockbrook Village Friday Night Concert Series: Until August 31, catch concerts every Friday from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. With everything from blues to swing music, discover your next favorite local musician before the end of the month!
- Sounds of Summer: If you live around Papillion, you already know there are great times to be had at Shadow Lake Towne Center! You have two more chances on August 3 and August 10 to enjoy food, drinks, and live music at the amphitheater!
Use the last weeks of summer to enjoy the local community and make some memories your family won’t soon forget! While you’re out having fun, let Sharp Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning freshen up your carpets. Call us today to schedule your residential carpeting cleaning!