Trying to figure out whether you should clean your carpets on your own by renting a machine or hire a professional like Sharp Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning? Below, you’ll find the pros and cons of each option so you can quickly identify which option is best for you.
Pros & Cons of Renting a Carpet Cleaning Machine
When it comes to the advantages of renting a machine, the list is pretty short. In fact, the only benefit is that you can save a little money in the short term. But with the long list of cons you’ll find below, it should be pretty clear that you’re not getting the best value.
In the long term, renting a carpet cleaning machine instead of hiring a professional carpet cleaner could actually cost you more due to a lower quality of cleaning and even possible damage to your carpets.
- You can save a little money.
- You have to make multiple trips to the store.
- You have to invest your own time and effort into cleaning the carpets.
- Rental carpet cleaning machines can leave carpets wet, leading to odor, mold, and mildew.
- Detergents available don’t work for all carpets and aren’t able to accommodate all types stains.
- You could use too much detergent, which will damage your carpet. Or you could use too little, resulting in unclean carpets.
- Carpet cleaning rental machines aren’t as powerful or effective as professional equipment. With less power, not only will these machines not remove dirt and stains completely, but they will also leave shampoo in the carpet.
- Water in rental machines often doesn’t reach a high enough temperature to truly clean your carpet.
As you can see, the list of cons really outweighs the small positive of saving money. Ultimately, there are so many reasons why renting a carpet cleaning machine isn’t the best option for cleaning your carpets effectively. With a lower quality, lower power machine, and a non-professional operating the machine, you simply aren’t going to get the truly clean carpets you’re paying for.
Pros & Cons of Hiring a Professional Carpet Cleaner
Conversely, hiring a professional has a long list of positives. Having someone with extensive experience operating professional equipment will result in the like-new carpets you associate with carpet cleaning services.
- You aren’t responsible for getting the equipment, saving you time and effort.
- You don’t have to invest your own time into cleaning the carpets.
- Professionals will be equipped with the equipment and detergents necessary to clean different types of carpet and stains.
- Professionals will use the appropriate amount of detergent to clean your carpets effectively without damaging them.
- The machines used by professionals have much more horsepower, providing the suction need to remove dirt, stains, and anything else from your carpet.
- The machines used by professionals heat water to the appropriate temperature to clean carpets, but they can be adjusted based on the carpet being cleaned to avoid possible damage.
- This is the more expensive option.
When it comes to actually getting your carpets cleaned and achieving the like-new carpets you’re hoping for, hiring a professional is the way to go. With superior equipment and the ability to treat different carpets and stains with the appropriate shampoo and water temperature, you get much more value by hiring a professional even with a slightly higher cost.
For a deep carpet clean, call the experts at Sharp Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning in Omaha, NE. We provide carpet cleaning services to the Omaha metro, including Papillion, Bellevue, and more. Believe us. It’s well worth it to pay a little more.