If you’ve never had your carpets professionally cleaned, you probably have a lot of questions. What should I expect? Is professional carpet cleaning worth it? What is the best carpet cleaning method?
When you choose Sharp Carpet & Air Duct Cleaning—Omaha’s trusted carpet and air duct cleaning experts—you can always expect the same quality service and exceptional customer care. We’re dedicated to being the option that provides the best way to deep-clean your carpet. That’s why our most common carpet cleaning method is hot water extraction.
Why Is Hot Water Extraction Carpet Cleaning the Best?
There are a lot of reasons to choose a professional when it comes to keeping your carpets clean. But even with professional cleaning, there are many different methods, and not all services are the same. Sharp uses hot water extraction (often referred to as steam cleaning) on the majority of residential and commercial carpet cleaning jobs. Hot water extraction offers the following benefits:
- Removes stains and odors: Hot water extraction is the most effective method for removing soil and stains from your carpet.
- Improves air quality: While DIY carpet cleaning machines can break down dirt and grime, they’re not powerful enough to totally remove them. With Sharp, allergens are not just broken down. They’re totally removed from your home with our powerful carpet cleaning machines.
- Leaves zero residue: Another reason why professional carpet cleaning is superior to renting a machine is because DIY systems often leave large amounts of residue in your carpet. This residue can leave carpet feeling crunchy, looking yellow, and increase how quickly your carpets get dirty in the future. Our professional machines leave almost no residue because of the high temperatures and intense suction.
- Safe for pets and children: Low residue cleanings mean you don’t have to worry about your children and pets coming into contact with harsh chemicals.
- Required by warranties: Did you know most carpet warranties require professional cleanings every 12 to 18 months? Often, carpet manufacturers require hot water extraction or steam cleaning in order for the warranty to be honored in the future.
- Extends life of carpet: Not only will your carpets feel softer and smell fresher after a cleaning, but regular treatment will also extend the life of your carpet overall.
Very Low Moisture (VLM) or Counter Rotating Brush (CRB) are other professional carpet cleaning methods that are sometimes used for commercial cleanings. While these are effective cleaning methods, hot water extraction is preferred in many cases because it both breaks down and removes soil in the carpet.
Now that you understand the benefits of hot water extraction, you might be ready to schedule one for your home or office. If you’re curious how the process works, use our guide to learn what to expect.
Step-By-Step Guide to a Professional Carpet Cleaning with Sharp
- Call to schedule your cleaning: As Omaha’s premier, locally-owned and operated carpet cleaners, when you call, you will often speak directly with the owner, Joel Stenger. After discussing the scope of the job—how many rooms will be cleaned, if you need commercial or residential cleaning, how many square feet are included—we’ll get you on the schedule within one to five business days.
- Clear the area to be cleaned: Before Sharp arrives, try and move as much out of your rooms as possible. From small pieces of furniture to breakable items, all of this should be moved out of the way prior to Sharp’s arrival so we can perform your cleaning quickly and efficiently. If there’s a sofa or ottoman that you need an extra hand with, we’re happy to help. However, we do not remove electronics or breakable items.
- Vacuum: Remove dry debris like dust, dirt, and pet hair by vacuuming before we arrive. That way, Sharp can focus on deep-cleaning your carpet.
- Sharp will arrive and pre-treat carpet: When our technicians arrive, they will apply a pre-treatment solution to your carpet. Professional carpet cleaners use specially formulated solutions that deeply penetrates high-pile or low-pile carpet to break down stains.
- Hot water extraction: One of the major benefits of opting for a professional carpet cleaning is the type of machine used. Our carpet cleaning machines are gas powered and reach between 220 and 240 degrees. This produces steam and high temperatures that kill germs and sanitize the carpet, while creating a chemical interaction with the carpet cleaning agent that removes allergens, dirt, and dust.
- Allow time to dry: Depending on the thickness and style of your carpet, drying times can vary between two and 12 hours. Humidity and the ventilation of your home are also factors in the amount of drying time required.
- Enjoy your carpet: Make sure that your carpets stay bright and your home stays healthy by getting your carpets professionally cleaned every 12 to 18 months. Not only does Sharp use the best and safest cleaning method for your carpet, we also provide exceptional customer service. We’ve been proudly serving the Omaha metro since 1979 and can’t wait to bring friendly, familiar faces to your home or business!